Jung-who? JungSOO!

I began 2016 as a single gal, being all casual and what not. But in February I began dating a fellow Clef named Jungsoo. Jungsoo became a pretty big part of my life, and we had a wonderful year together. He even stayed with my family on the Big Island this summer to perform in Next To Normal at the Aloha Theatre. Unfortunately, Jungsoo (who is a dual Korean and US citizen) will be off to the Korean military this fall (😢), and I will be moving to Scotland (😁) to attend the University of Edinburgh for graduate school. Anyway, this post is dedicated to the brilliant and talented Jungsoo. He has been an incredible part of my life, and I am grateful to know him.

This is the first photo we took together, while doing a Clefs photoshoot in Morningside Park. Amanda took this, with the incredible view of Harlem in the background.

One of the many advantages of being a Clef is singing at University Commencement! This was taken moments before we went onstage in front of over 40,000 people.

At the Holuakoa Cafe for brunch to celebrate my dad's birthday.

After the final performance of Next to Normal. My mom was the musical director and pianist.

Enjoying F Pond in the Waimea hills on a summer day on the Big Island. We hiked behind my old high school and got yelled at by a security guard.

As Ash and Misty for a Clefhangers mid-semester Pokemon-themed concert. I even arranged the Pokemon theme song!

After the John Jay Scholar Dinner at Grand Central Station. Jungsoo is actually a John Jay scholar and probably the smartest person I know.

Cute isn't he? And he sings! Wanna hear? Check out the Clefs YouTube for him singing some of his own awesome arrangements!

Comments

Popular Posts