home for the holidays


This winter was exciting in the Ross household. My sister and I had five college friends visit, including my suite mate and great friend Nell. It was a fantastic two weeks showing them around the beautiful Big Island.

Gorgeous view of Buster Brown and Mauna Kea on a hike in the Waimea hills.

The seven girls that lived in our house! (Plus my cousin Jacob)

My aunties, Toni and Jeri, came over from the mainland with their wonderful families. New Years was spent in Hilo with our guests and my grandma and aunties, uncles, and cousins. It was quite a feast!

Me and my cousin enjoying Christmas dinner.

My sister and mother at the Christmas Eve Candlelight service.

The Big Island was more gorgeous than ever this winter! We had several unbelievably clear days. We did several hikes and enjoyed lots of time with friends and family.


The girls at Makalawena.

Hi'ilawe, a hike I've never done before!

Me and Amanda at 49's.

Sunrise over Hualalai.


My favorite tree on the Big Island, a huge banyan in Hilo by Rainbow Falls.

Beautiful palms at the Hilo Botanical Gardens.

Got to see some old friends from high school :)

Monstera grove (my favorite plant) at Boiling Pots in Hilo.

Queen Lili'uokalani Park in Hilo. Another favorite spot.

Amanda holding the sunrise on the summit of Mauna Kea.


The moon during sunrise at Kohanaiki.

Chilling with HPA horses in the Waimea hills.


A rainbow in Waipio Valley.

Sunset from Golden Ponds.

It was a wonderful and lengthy winter break. I spent a lot of time with my family and friends and had a truly terrific time.

Sunrise/moonset from Mauna Kea Summit



Comments

Popular Posts