Thanksgiving 2014

So this weekend my sister came to the city for thanksgiving! We had the most fun couple of days. She arrived very early on Wednesday. We saw four shows in two days. On Wednesday we saw LeMisérables with Ramin Karimloo as Valjean and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. They were both so incredible! Curious Incident had the most brilliant set and light design. On Thursday we slept in, and then began cooking our thanksgiving feast! Two of my suite mates also stayed in the city so the four of us cooked a variety of traditional dishes. After feasting, we saw Mocking Jay Part I at Lincoln Center. On Friday we saw another two shows (!) Jersey Boys, and Avenue Q. It really was a fantastic and much needed thanksgiving break.



My sister and I at the 116th 1 train subway platform.

 Pancakes and eggnog at the Clefhangers pre-thanksgiving breakfast for dinner on Tuesday.

Cabbage like flowers at 47th and Park Ave.

Amanda enjoying Thanksgiving dinner.

My suite mates and I enjoying Thanksgiving dinner.

Amanda using our makeshift rolling pin, a bottle of peppermint schnapps covered in saran wrap.

Amanda and Meghan precariously moving the pumpkin pie to the oven.

A snapchat gem from the weekend.

Our autumn-themed center piece, featuring Millie the dancing bear.

An obligatory selfie in Times Square.

Meghan, Dana, and Amanda making the pumpkin pie together.

My plate for Thursday's feast.

Comments

Popular Posts