hello

Welcome to my online niche! This personal blog is a space for my thoughts, art, and writing. Quick intro! My name is Delaney. I'm twenty-two, I live in Brooklyn, I studied Ethnomusicology at Barnard College. I was born and raised on the Big Island of Hawaii and miss it everyday. Friends, family, strangers, welcome to my right hemisphere.




Natsukashii (懐かしい) is my favorite word (in any language). While there is no exact english translation, (and I find the definition ineffable) I will try to shed some light on what the term is for me. Natsukashii is nostalgia, it is fondness, it is dear. To me, it is home. It is Hawaii. It is my family, my friends. Natsukashii is a swelling of feelings and an appreciation of the good times. Basho means place. This is my place for everything natsukashii. Welcome.

Comments

Popular Posts